About Me

My photo
Sorocaba, São Paulo, Brazil
I am into: Economy, Politics, photograpy, History, books, magazines, graphic novels, musics, movies, IT, networking, culture, friends, travels, cooking, sex...

Monday, January 24, 2011

The choices you make



Guess everything in life is about the choices you make! We are faced with choices since a tender age: at first simple ones like the color of your clothes, the tennis shoes matching them all, orange or apple, who you want in your school team etc. 

As the time goes on you are forced to make important choices: you chose your friends, which University to go and therefore which career to pursue, which car to buy, where to live, which kind of people you hang out, your partner, you face ethical/moral choices etc.

Naturally like in Physics every action leads to a reaction meaning that every choice you make will lead your life to a different place and things could go terribly wrong sometimes.

Obvius, right? That's not exactly the point of this posting, I want to focus a little bit more on the process which will lead you to make a choice and on its consequences.

First of all you have to deeply know yourself, your beliefs, your ethic/moral standards, likes and dislikes. Knowing these you will always know how far you can go without jeopardize yourself and will be able to trace targets and objectives which will suit your needs in any aspect of your life be it professional, personal, affective, etc.

Naturally it is difficult to foresee the consequences but nowadays you can have a good try. Internet can be a powerful tool in practically any case: if you are faced with the difficult choice of moving to another place you could always google it and get all needed info before hand. You will have the possibility to talk to locals and grab more info. Same principle applies to almost everything cause the concept is simple: you have to full yourself of information to make a good choice.

Also a bit of adventurous spirit can play a key role on it! :)

Everything works better if you have clear targets in a first place which is not that case if you like me is Libra. Astrological Signs have changed now and I became a Virgo, but so far I don't think this will help! hahaha

At the moment I face a difficult decision: after years abroad I finally came back to Brazil decided to reintegrate myself on the Brazilian market and life. The thing is that since I arrived here and started to look for a job I had only one offer in Brazil which I thought it would be interesting and some to work abroad again.

Faith is a decisive weight for sure, but I really believe you make your own faith. Again, am talking about choices cause if I get positive answers for the selection processes I am into again the ball will kick back to me and will have to make a choice, a choice which could bring me again to a completely different environment, Culture and country. Let's wait and see... life is a funny thing which worths to go through!

Have you made wrong choices so far? As Karl Lagerfeld says "...I can have remorse, but no regrets..."
Talking about Professional life so far I never made a wrong choice, guess all my experiences were positive and despite of the doubts and fears which follow when you leave a job, I always went to a better place afterwards.

Hope that's the case now... 

Forgot to tell something: to make a good choice despite of having clear targets and sometimes getting a strong push from the destiny you must be lucky...

Easy, right?! 

Good choices to all of you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment