About Me

My photo
Sorocaba, São Paulo, Brazil
I am into: Economy, Politics, photograpy, History, books, magazines, graphic novels, musics, movies, IT, networking, culture, friends, travels, cooking, sex...

Sunday, October 10, 2010

My book: Asia



I use to say that another planet couldn't be more different... but how everything started?!

Always wanted to live abroad. Naturally when the idea came out it was always related to Europe (had a fascination for Europe) which I had been travelling every year for the past 10 years, but...
... in 2006 working for a Multinational company in Brazil I was already fed up with that job, actually the work was not bad, but to live with that Fuck*** boss was something else, so I gave up. I informed him that I was leaving.
A former boss knowing it in Europe called me and asked whether I wanted to work in Singapore, which really took me by surprise.
Singapore

Then less than a month later, including a week expended in Singapore I took two bags with some cloths and headed to Asia, Singapore where I was supposed to live by contract for 3 years.
It was a very exciting job once I would be in charge for all Financial/Controlling issues in 10 companies spread around Asia: India, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Australia and New Zealand and first thing on the agenda was: I had to know these companies and my counterparts in each one of them... Travelling and more travelling was my life since then and I loved it!

The first difficulty was by far food: with a western-Italian-Portuguese taste for food those first months were a disaster: first of all I could never take spice food before (and Asia is all about spicy food), second: the things themselves they eat made me become a McDonald's best customer. Put on some Kgs cause of it!

From time to time I sent e-mails to my friends back in Brazil on my adventures in Asia and something that started for fun (the e-mails) became a daily report which my friends eagerly read. At certain point in time came the suggestion to put all that into a book... Started to write since then, sometimes more actively, sometimes with productivity zero, like in the last year, but that's another history!

Coming back to the book I wrote quite a lot and since the beginning there was a part of it that should be written when I am back in Brazil and this is gonna happen next year.

In the time being will post some accounts of it here in the blog!

Hope someone read it!  




No comments:

Post a Comment